Friday, May 12, 2006

Yes. I'm still alive, and Seb's spring concert!.

Well, I had originally intended my next post to be about some yummy buttery soft yarn that arrived from Uruguay last week, but one thing led to another and before I knew it, I was just not able to keep up with the daily events that have been taking place.

First of all, at the risk of "jinxing" ourselves by announcing it, it appears that we have sold our house. In our area, all real estate transactions need to be closed by attorneys. Dumbest crap I've ever heard of, especially when I know what it takes to close a transaction after working the title and escrow end of it back home. It just seems that what started as a happy, peaceful transaction, gets all mucked up once you have two egotistic attorneys sending nasty letters back and forth to one another.

Anyway, we are out of the process that they refer to as the "Attorney Review" and we are now officially considered "Under Contract". Providing that nothing gets totally buggered up, we should close just a few days before we fly out of here, and the buyer, understanding our moving plans, has agreed to let us stay here rent free from the closing day until we leave, so we will close on the 16th and fly out on the 20th.

Sebastian's school had their FIRST annual spring concert the other night. This was the first concert that didn't take place during school hours, so we got to invite Grandma and Papa Sal. We went to Frank's Pizza for dinner before hand, and got there early enough to get a good parking spot AND a front row seat. I know I've mentioned it a dozen times, but the parking in this school sucks ass, so I always like to get there early so I don't have to hoof it a mile to the school. Not only that, but I'm a front row piggy. I don't care how early I have to be at that school, but I'm going to get a front row seat. I just bring my knitting and park my butt front and center, and I am happy waiting. :)

It was a really nice concert. Each class got up and did their own song, and then after that, all the classes did a couple songs together. Sebastian was quite excited about the whole thing, but I know from past experience that he tends to get a bit nervous and just stand there staring at the audience while all the other kids sing, so I tried to talk him up, and told him that I wanted to hear him singing. He told me that he would try, but he didn't understand why he always has to go to the bathroom as soon as he gets on stage. Poor kid, lols. He did great though.

This picture was taken after the concert, just because it isn't often that you see him in slacks and a belt. Note that we couldn't get him to ditch the converse. I'm glad that we didn't dress him up more, although I seriously thought about a white shirt and a tie. Turns out that a lot of the other kids didn't dress up at all and had we really dressed him up, he would have stuck out like a sore thumb.
Here's Sebastian, Grandma, and Papa Sal outside of the school after the concert. I really like this picture a lot.

In other news, I'm quickly approaching my four month mark of not smoking, and I am feeling really good about it. I don't find that I'm really wanting to smoke, and the smell of smoke no longer makes me want a cigarette, but instead makes me kind of sick. Now I'm working to lose a bit of the extra weight I've gained from eating bags of Doritos and Oreos as a substitute, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with how I've done.

Well, I'm a bit behind on my packing, so I'm going to go get some stuff done.

Have a good day.

No comments: